- This event has passed.
Petition Signing Party (Shippensburg Area)
February 21, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
if you are a Democrat running for office or a Democrat interested in helping people qualify for the ballot, this event is for you. The purpose of the event is to provide one location in the Shippensburg area for Democrats to gather to collect nominating petition signatures to qualify Democratic candidates for the ballot. If you are a registered voter in the Shippensburg Area, this event needs you.
If you are a candidate or a petition circulator on behalf of a candidate, please contact John Alosi at 717-360-1706 to make him aware you plan to attend.
If you are a Democrat willing to sign petitions, just drop in during the time window noted for this event. Please note you may only sign one petition per office (with the exception of County Committee and Democratic State Committee. In the case of County Committee, you may sign 1 male and 1 female petition in your precinct. For Democratic State Committee, you may sign 2 male and 2 female candidate petitions countywide).
Democratic Party candidates or their representatives will be on hand to collect signatures. The offices that are on the ballot this year include:\
- U.S. Senate
- U.S. House of Representatives
- Governor of Pennsylvania
- Lt. Governor of Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Senate District 30 (in the Shippensburg area it includes Hopewell Township and Newburg Borough). It includes all of Blair County and Fulton County plus parts of Cumberland, Franklin, and Huntington Counties. For a complete list of municipalities go to this website: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives, 86th District [includes Hopewell Township, Newburg Borough, Shippensburg Borough (East Ward, and Middle Ward), Southampton Township (Cumberland County), and all of Perry County].
- Pennsylvania House of Representatives, 89th District [includes Shippensburg Borough (West End), Southampton Township (Franklin County) and the following Franklin County municipalities: Chambersburg Borough, Greene Township, Guilford Township, Lurgan Township, and Orrstown Borough].
- Petitions will also be circulated for candidates seeking positions as for County Democratic Party committee men or committee women and Pennsylvania Democratic State Committee men and women. The primary election is the final election for these positions.
The Shippensburg Area Democrats don’t endorse candidates for the primary elections unless there is only one candidate running.