By Rajaram Regupathy
When you are a multimedia developer on Android platform you wish USB for media move or playback audio. This booklet explores MTP and USB Audio in either USB machine and USB host mode.
If you're an middle developer who paintings on charging you must comprehend USB charging specification that's defined within the book,
If you're a networking developer drawn to tethering, USB performs a job utilizing RNDIS specification that is defined within the book
If you're an program developer attracted to coping with USB units in from an Android platform, this publication explores Android USB provider framework which manages USB functionalities
Last now not the least, Android Debug Bridge (ADB) the debugging device of Android is over USB and information of its internals is a outline worth upload for any program or platform developer. This ebook information the interior of ABD until the kernel level.
Thus this publication covers every little thing approximately USB on Android from varied USB sessions supported in machine mode to the USB host framework that manages USB gadget hooked up to an Android platform. each one bankruptcy will clarify USB category specification prior to exploring how the performance (class) is carried out in Android. this offers a fresh point of view for you as a reader on what the USB specification calls for and the way it carried out in Android.
What you will learn
- Understand Android USB framework from APIs to the kernel layer and allow develop USB software development.
- Learn all significant USB functionalities by way of exploring the USB category specification no longer lined in any of the USB books
- Learn the newly brought Android Open accent (AOA) Protocol and discover constructing NFC reader utilizing AOA protocol.
- Learn serious adjustments within the Android USB framework among varied Android versions.
- Learn how USB charging works with rationalization from the USB Battery Specification.
- Learn tips to change among MTP to Mass garage and vice versa to percentage garage to host PC.
Who this booklet is for
- The basic audiences of this publication are software builders and engineers who do arms on paintings with Android. This publication is for an software developer who has an APP notion with USB and wonders the best way to enforce it. This publication could be a distinct advisor for the developer and support him/her to regulate USB on Android.
- With the ebook masking from APIs to the Linux kernel, center platform builders reveals it effortless to place facts aspect to debug. therefore center Android platform builders engaged on USB, Audio, media and others are the following basic audiences of the book.
- Technical Managers or Architects or senior managers who search for eagle eye view of a procedure, are the secondary audiences of the ebook. The publication will let them to appreciate different blocks of the Android USB subsystem and could aid plan and estimate complexity involved.
- Student and engineers can use this publication as a do it your self reference e-book because the booklet explains various blocks the Android USB framework from program point to the kernel. scholars can use related research method of related Android framework.